Game Client

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by SirMaxeN, Nov 9, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~NightHawk~

~NightHawk~ Team Leader Team Skyrama

Yes, I think that January 12th is the date on which Adobe Flash finally terminates.

2. ptiprince2

ptiprince2 User

so 11 days still left?

3. ptiprince

ptiprince User

No news from full screen feature?

4. SkyHarrier

SkyHarrier Guest

Hello ptiprince,

no news, so far.
    But we are all waiting and you can be sure.
    As soon as we have any new informations regarding fullscreen and payment area, we let you know.

Best regards

Norway likes this.
  5. Alni

Alni User

Adobe suggests that we uninstall Flash Player.
    In the FAQ of their site I read this "As we announced in July 2017, Adobe will no longer support Flash Player after December 31, 2020 (" end of life date ").
    So the folks at Bigpoint have known for 3 1/2 years that Flash Player is shutting down.
    3 1/2 years after the announcement the full screen is not ready ...

6. ~NightHawk~

~NightHawk~ Team Leader Team Skyrama

Hello guys,

the payment function should now work in the game client. By clicking the "+" button below the Aircash or Aircoins counter, a browser tab will open which redirects you to the known payment window.

Addendum: implementing a full screen mode as known from the browser will not be possible with the current code base of the game client. But the developers of course try to find a different solution to enlarge the game window.

Kind regards,
    ~NightHawk~

Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
  7. benhardman

benhardman User

If the developers have had 3 years or so to try and implement a full screen, is there any point in saying that its still possible, or won't be added into the game for a long long while now. Such a shame really, there's countless players on here saying they wont be playing till a full screen gets added to the game client which, if the developers had come to this issue sooner, wouldn't have happened...

I don't want to be the one to say "I told you so", but being lazy wont keep the player base happy. Even though the game isn't a top priority for the devs as i'm sure they have other things going on, implementing small features such as a payment window or full screen, surely isn't too hard having all that time knowing adobe was ending flash...

Anyway bigpoint, where's my longtime player bonus;)

olexa, Alni and firehawk691 like this.
  8. Hi NightHawk, I would like to thank the developers for their efforts however slow and small they have been but I will not be needing a payment function without the Full Screen function ...
    firehawk691 AKA firehawk69

frank13261 and Alni like this.
  9. ptiprince

ptiprince User

Same here..
    I removed Fash player today
    Good by folks

olexa, Fannuska and Leemonade like this.
  10. ptiprince2

ptiprince2 User

Exactly
    same for men No full screen mean No skyrama anymore
    Good luck folks

Alni, Fannuska and Leemonade like this.
  11. apa55

apa55 User

Dear my friend, my appreciation, but please answer my question: How can you manage this situation, when there is no full screen option?
    [​IMG]
    The pic is taken today in the morning at 06,20. I launched QS (due to various reason) only at 07,30hrs.

When the QS is active, there are 4 more runways in the left hand side of the pic (the installations and cargo bays are removed)
    Even more, the situation is the same, when the QS is active and I launch planes. 50 planes, 10 helis and 9 hydros at once.
    So, the full screen is essential, as you can see.
    Cheers

olexa, BrideElena, Alni and 5 others like this.
  12. olandiano

olandiano User

Hello my friend, i answer you. First of all ,i play always with QS. I have many planes , when i send planes there are more then 50or 100, and i send first the normal planes, then the heli,s and hydro. I send always only 20 planes at once, 18 heli's and 11 hydro,s, and i am faster then others, believe me. I have 11 waterbays and i send 400 hydro,s in 20 minutes. I tell you that i play without full screen and the half of my laptop !! But i understand why the most of the players can not play without, also my partner can't do it. But thats the way how do you manage your airport. If i have time i make a scr. shot and let you see how. Have a nice day.

olexa and Norway like this.
  13. On Friday my son's HDD got fried so Windows was gone (officials say there was an electrical outage at European level). I had to reinstall windows on his machine, Adobe Flash not being available anymore for download on Adobe site. In the end I was able to install some developer version from Adobe labs ( https://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html ). Both Edge / Chrome give warning about Flash Player being outdated, but it works full screen in both browsers. So it could be we can still use this developer version of Flash Player. I would disable windows updates for now (I can do this for next 35 days).

For full screen issue, there is a quick workaround which could be implemented, increasing flash player object div size. Original size think was intended for 1280x1024 screen resolution. Why not give 2-3 options for launching game in 4k / full hd / old resolution mode?
    Players who never bought anything, will not be able to play using client anyway, cause of the bug related to commercials running right after login; why keep commercials, as these should be removed anyway for paying players?

Norway, Trackplus and Leemonade like this.
  14. Trackplus

Trackplus User

I don't know if I keep playing without full screen
    But one thing I can suggest waiting for better times
    The airstrips are too large, much better to enable the small runways to allow L aircraft to land

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Norway and benhardman like this.
  15. benhardman

benhardman User

400 Hydros in 20 minutes, what are you making a coffee in-between each one?;)

olandiano likes this.
  16. Daan-PL

Daan-PL User

Hello Airport Managers,

There it is then.... the end for now. Adobe Flash Player ended on normal browsers this day, 12th of January around 24:00 and will never be available. Bigpoint should be ashamed that they didn't get the launcher working on time like the fullscreen mode/option. 70% of our lovely loyal Skyrama community (including me) cannot play without the fullscreen mode. Because this launcher was not ready on time, even that Bigpoint already know somewhere in 2017 that flash would end around 2020/21 is a big let down. I think a lot of big players will take a step back again from this game or will stop completely. Let's hope they fix it as soon as possible so that they don't lose too many loyal and active Skyrama players.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    olexa, Karic, wojtekpl999 and 9 others like this.
  17. frank13261

frank13261 User

Yes, it happened. :(

Airport will be closed until fullscreen mode works again. :(:(:(

If they are not able to fix it, the story has come to an end. :(:(:(

To all my buddies: It's been an honour to fly with you

All these moments will be lost in time

Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
    olexa, Alni, poussin77 and 4 others like this.
  18. sandervd11

sandervd11 User

Dear everyone,

I still can not play because there is the message "download flash player" on my screen. How can I remove that message and still play with the launcher? Cant wait to hear from u guys asap :)

Norway likes this.
  19. Norway

Norway User

Airport closed until fullscreen is ready,Skyrama is going to have to pay someone to fix this, how about the guy who build the game ?

20. GR-ATH

GR-ATH User

I was fine with the browser edition with the full screen option in my Linux system, until this morning, when flash player completely stopped.
    Had to install Windows again, to run with the launcher.
    SKYRAMA IS SIMPLY UNPLAYABLE WITHOUT THE FULL SCREEN MODE. It seemes that the developers do not play the game, they'd know better...
    Similar games from other companies turned to HTML on time, I don't know why it didn't happen over here.
    Bye bye Skyrama.

frank13261 and Norway like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.