Exhausted italian nurse, please read

Discussion in 'General Archive' started by olandiano, Mar 13, 2020.

Dear forum reader,

if you’d like to actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, please log into the game first. If you do not have a game account, you will need to register for one. We look forward to your next visit! CLICK HERE
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olandiano

olandiano User

[​IMG]

Exhausted nurse moves with poignant photo on Instagram: 'I'm scared'
    An Italian nurse has revealed in a poignant post on Instagram how hard it is to work in a hospital in times of the ever-advancing coronavirus. "I'm scared and tired, but I'm doing my bit," Alessia Bonari wrote in a photo of the bruises that left her bad protective glasses on her face.

Bonari's candid story has been liked nearly 800,000 times in two days and has unleashed a lot on social media. She describes that during her exhausting shifts she can't go to the toilet for six hours or eat anything because she's in protective gear to prevent infection with the coronavirus. She's terrified of that, she says in all honesty.

I'm a nurse, and right now I'm facing this health emergency. I'm afraid too, but I'm not going shopping, I'm afraid to go to work. I'm afraid because the mask might not fit well on my face, or I might have accidentally touched it with dirty gloves, or maybe the lenses don't cover my eyes in the whole eye and something might have passed. I'm physically tired because the protective devices hurt, the coat makes you sweat and once dressed I can no longer go to the bathroom or drink for six hours. I am tired psychologically, and like me are all my colleagues who have been in the same condition for weeks, but this will not prevent us from doing our job as we have always done. I will continue to treat and take care of my patients, because I am proud and in love with my work. What I ask anyone who is reading this post is not to frustrate the effort we are making, to be altruistic, to be at home and thus to protect those who are most fragile. We young people are not immune to coronavirus, we too can get sick, or worse, we can make them sick. I can't afford the luxury of going back to my house in quarantine, I have to go to work and do my part. You do yours, I ask you please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.